Before you come into your appointment please make sure you:
- Drink ideally 0.5-1 gallon of water the day before & the day of your appointment.
- If possible, exfoliate lips as close to the appointment time as possible. This allows for the numbing cream to work better, and allows the filler to pass through the skin with ease.
- Please do not arrive with any product on the lips aside from Vaseline/Aquaphor (ex: lipgloss, lipstick, chapstick, etc).
- Eat something beforehand and avoid any caffeine the day of/the day before your appointment. This prevents unnecessary bleeding/swelling/bruising.
- Avoid use of blood thinners (ibuprofen is one) 48 hours before appointment.
- If you have seasonal allergies it is recommended to take a Benadryl/antihistamine before coming into your appointment
- Failure to follow pre-care instructions may result in excessive swelling/bleeding/bruising
It is very important to protect your investment and follow all aftercare instructions.
Remember, individual cosmetic experiences vary from person to person.
- DO NOT CONSIDER THE RESULT OF THE INITIAL PROCEDURE TO BE FINAL.
- Remember, 2-3 sessions is required for BEST results.
- The filler is a buildable hyaluronic acid, meaning that once there is a base level of filler in the lips (1-2mL) it is much easier to reshape the lips to the desired outcome with each additional treatment.
- Some clients may naturally require more filler to achieve desired outcome.
- Once desired outcome is achieved then only 0.5mL is required every 3-6 months (or 1mL every 6-12 months) for the touchup.
- Results typically can last up to 3-6 months for 0.5mL, or 6-12 months for 1mL depending on lifestyle, age, & overall hydration.
- 0.5mL touchups are recommended over 1mL touchups as there is less downtime, bruising, and general discomfort.
- Some clients may experience mild anxiety when they have studied how the shape/volume of lips changes during the first couple of days after the procedure due to swelling. This is completely normal and there is no need to worry.
- Keep in mind that the actual results can be seen 5-14 days after each session.
- No lipgloss, lipstick, chapstick, dyes, fragrances, or pigments on lips for 24 hours.
- Avoid exercise for the first 48 hours (this can cause excessive swelling).
- Avoid direct sun exposure (use hat if necessary), tanning beds, climates with heat above 80 degrees for prolonged periods of time, & saunas/hot tubs/steam for 48 hours.
- Avoid scrunching the lips, drinking hot beverages, smoking and alcohol use for the first 3 days.
- Do not drink out of straws or aggressively kiss for at least 48 hours, as this can cause the filler to migrate, and distort the shape of the lips
- Be prepared for some bruising and swelling. If bruising does occur, an arnica-based gel may be gently applied to the lips 3-4 times a day until bruising disappears. Arnica tablets may be used in lieu of, or in addition to topical arnica.
- You may do a cold compress the lips 10min on 10min off until comfortable. Do not use ice directly as it will freeze the filler & it will be uncomfortable.
- If there is uncomfortable swelling you can alternate warm and cold compresses 10min on 10min off until comfortable.
- If desired you may gently massage treated area if bumps are discovered after 72 hours. Use a warm compress first, then gently massage in a circular motion on bump to smooth it out. If bumps are still felt after massaging for a few minutes, please wait a few more days before trying to massage again, as the bumps may be from swelling, and not filler. You should not over-massage area as it can potentially move the product to the other locations within the skin.
Touchup appointment must be scheduled at least 10-14 days from initial appointment
*The most important part of taking care of your lips is hydration!! 1 molecule of filler (hyaluronic acid) attracts 1,000 water molecules! So if your lips are looking small DRINK WATER. You need to be consuming at least 65% of your body weight in ounces of water every day. If you do not do that your lips will not be as plump as possible!*